Categories / Inspiration
25 Creative and Unique Save the Date Ideas
Creative Market March 31, 2021 · 5 min read
1. Filter Your Favorite Photos and Add Simple TextAdd a simple Instagram-worthy filter to one of your favorite shots as a couple, then combine with a simple text overlay of your important date.
2. Mix Bold Colors With Complex TexturesOverlay a bold color with a patterned background to help this save the date stand out. The keyhole state outline pays homage to the destination wedding. Vary the sizes and colors of font to make the important info stand out.
3. Stamp It Up. Add a unique spin to your save the date with a few stamps and ink pads. This simple design mixes arrows, feathers and custom name stamps, which you can mix up for a truly one-of-a-kind card for each guest.
4. Set the Tone With Texture. Opting for a rustic wedding theme in a barn or outdoors? Match a textured background to your save the date, like this elegant design to give your guests a sense of the tone and theme.
5. Use Bold, Simple ColorsAre you set on a wedding color scheme? Create a simple graphic with minimal words to showcase the color palette without over complicating the message.
6. Pay Homage to Your Country’s HistorySteal a theme from your country’s heritage by inserting a a U.S. landmark. The warm color schemes add the perfect amount of detail for this save the date.
7. Emphasize TextThis save the date puts the design emphasis on word art instead of photos or icons. This homage to retro pop art is clean and simple way to share your wedding details.
8. Illustrate Your Couple StyleThis adorable hand-drawn sketch is the perfect personal touch. This save the date focuses on the illustration and keeps text to a minimum.
9. Get Iconic With SymbolsCamera shy? Symbolize your wedding’s location or a central theme as a couple, surrounded by the details of your big day. This specific version includes an apple as homage to New York.
10. Use a Location PhotoPromote your big day with a gorgeous photo of your perfect setting and a bold text overlay to get your guests pumped for your wedding’s location.
11. Take a Cute Engagement PhotoEveryone gets excited for their engagement session, right? Choose your favorite photo and ask your photographer to plan enough blank space to fit your wedding details in naturally.
12. Wrap It Up in a Nice PackageYour save the date doesn’t have to be a standard size or format. Add texture and visual appeal to your note with a wrap-around detail.
13. Use Simple Design ElementsContrast texture and a pop of color like this save the date.
14. Mark the LocationWhether you’re having a destination wedding or just inviting out-of-town guests, use an outline of your state to indicate where your event will be taking place. Mark the spot with a heart.
15. Get LiteraryCopy an old-fashioned library card and use the lines to fill in important events as a couple.
16. Keep it SimpleStick with initials and first names to keep things simple enough to get the point across.
17. Send a PostcardInstead of wasting an envelope, keep things super simple with a postcard. Design your own personalized save the date postcard or customize some unused vintage postcards.
18. Mix It UpLay your engagement photo over a textured background and combine with a playful mix of fonts to really capture your couple style.
19. Celebrate Your Fairy Tale EndingCapture the essence of your love story with an illustration inspired by classic children’s books.
20. Highlight your destinationIs your destination wedding taking place in an exotic location? Play up the country’s quirks with a map including landmarks, local delicacies and language differences.
21. Tell Your Love StoryGet personal with your save the date by highlighting the important details of your relationship – your meeting, your courtship and your upcoming happily ever after.
22. Play With ShapesThink outside the box with die cut shapes, like a luggage tag, to fit just the essentials of information to share.
23. Merge City Skylines Did your love story begin in one city and culminate in a new location? Blending skylines is a creative way to showcase the progression of your love story.
24. Use BannersDigital shapes and graphics add simple design detail and emphasize the important details, such as your names and the wedding date.
25. Go MinimalUse simple symbols and icons as tiny details to give your save the date an understated but elegant design.
Creative Save the Date TemplatesIf you’re in the market for a unique and interesting save the date idea, you’ll want to check out some our pre-made Save the Date Templates. For just a few bucks, your design troubles will be over and you’ll have yourself a beautiful Save the Date just waiting to be customized.
Show Us Yours!Do you have a interesting or unique example of a Save the Date card? Leave a link in a comment below and show it off.