Categories / Trend Reports
Bold Serif Fonts in Web Design: 20 Stunning Examples
Marc Schenker September 2, 2021 · 5 min read
5. 12 DishesThis site featuring tasty recipes from small-food producers relies on Majesti Bannerbold as its font choice. The serif is both stylish and legible, making it easy to see the site’s unique value proposition.
7. Bonne MarqueThis design firm’s homepage features its own name in the header in stylish and thought-provoking lettering. The white Quarto B font stands out effectively against a pitch-black background.
10. SA StudioThis creative studio features bold serif font as part of the faded-out background, which is a unique touch. The Rasmus typeface is legible and provides a sense of majesty to the page.
12. Sassi HolfordSassi Holford, maker of wedding dresses, has a gorgeous site that shows off not only its dresses in moving animations in the background, but also displays fancy and readable Freight Display Pro font.
13. Vito SalvatoreInteractive art director Vito Salvatore’s site boasts Latin Modern Roman 10 Regular font in the hero section of his portfolio. Each time you scroll down, you see more projects with that bold font choice.
14. SkybrudDigital agency Skybrud presents bolded serif font at the bottom-left of its homepage, which is a curious choice. The Vogue Paris Regular font nevertheless looks bold and imposing.
15. DishoomDishoom’s plain and stripped-down aesthetics allow its Cheltenham serif font to be the star of the entire homepage. The typeface’s unassuming and quiet presentation matches the minimalism of the site.
16. WikiwandThis interesting site that updates Wikipedia’s retro look and makes it more modern also features attractive and big Lora font right on top of the site’s moving animations.
17. Palais CoburgRight in the header, you’ll notice the site’s Excelsior typeface that blesses the homepage with a dignified and classy look. The black-on-white contrast makes for effective reading.
18. Cerveza AustralThis website shows off fine Zebrawood Fill fonts right in the center of the page. The height and distance between the characters in the hero section makes for easy readability and a nice design touch.
19. TypewolfTypography resource Typewolf sports some very elegant and noticeable bold serif fonts in the header. The use of Domaine Text gives its homepage a clean and professional look.
20. DuJourCelebrity and lifestyle magazine DuJour’s bold serif fonts in the header are quite striking. The contrast between some of the very fat stems and stresses and the thin serifs is remarkable.
Bold Serifs for EffectivenessHero sections are meant to grab a site visitor’s attention as soon as he or she lands on the page. These beautiful and impressive typefaces use bold and serifs strategically to capture that attention immediately and never let it go! What do you think of this selection of the best bold serif fonts on the hero sections of sites all over the web? Which appeal to you the most or the least? Leave a comment, and let everyone know.
Products Seen In This Post: